ZIPPY’S is a locally owned and run, mom and pop restaurant, known for our great burgers, vintage sodas, and retro vibe. Located just south of Roxbury, Zippy’s is proud to call the eclectic neighborhood of White Center – affectionately known as Rat City – our home.
We started serving up burgers in 2008, after transforming a tiny teriyaki shop into the first incarnation of Zippy’s. According to the Seattle Weekly, we’ve been “making burgers better than anyone else around” since then. We’re incredibly grateful to have the awards and happy customers that prove them right.
5 Reasons to Visit Zippy’s
- You won’t find pink slime here. Or flavorless, pre-formed patties. We grind our beef every day from large pieces of chuck, so your burger is fresh, flavorful and absent of the scary stuff lurking in pre-ground beef.
- We’re the closest thing to time travel. Ever wish you could step back in time into fast food’s charming yesteryear? If you don’t mind a little punk rock accompanying your journey, Zippy’s corn syrup-free vintage sodas and root beer collection, tasty charbroiled burgers, and hand made shakes are the flavor of pre-supersized America. Plus, we’ve got an amazing collection of vintage burger restaurant memorabilia hanging on our walls.
- You can take your vegetarian pals. People don’t just gush over our meat — they also go crazy for our vegetarian black bean burger. Created by Mrs. Zippy, it’s been known to convert a few carnivores, too. In fact, the Seattle Weekly named it The Best Non-Beef Burger of 2011.
- We’re kid friendly. Our Yum Yum Wacky Meals make kids smile. Our Kids Eat Free Wednesdays make their parents even happier.
- And, adult friendly. Zippy’s knows that sometimes a shake or soda just doesn’t cut it. If you’re a certifiable grown-up, we’re more than happy to serve you a beer with your burger. Our weekday happy hours make it easy on your wallet.